Truly Thrive is pleased to officially launch the application process for the inaugural My Brother’s Keeper Leadership Academy.
Investing in leadership development is vital to ensuring the growth, sustainability, and impact of leaders and organizations working to tackle the issue of achievement for boys and young men of color in Avoyelles Parish.
Truly Thrive will bring together a cohort of 20 emerging leaders for a customized leadership development experience. During the My Brother’s Keeper Leadership Academy, the diverse cohort of 20 fellows will participate in a six-month learning community that will help ensure individual effectiveness and impact in organizational leadership within the broader field of black male achievement.
Ready to apply? Apply here today!
My Brother’s Keeper Leadership Academy — FAQs:
Who is an emerging leader? Truly Thrive envisions the emerging leaders within the 20-person cohort representing multiple sectors, including the business community; nonprofits; community groups; policymakers; experts in children’s and youth issues; concerned individuals; and young people themselves. Emerging leaders in the field of black male achievement are defined as:
- Men and women of all races who are responsible for advancing black male achievement outcomes within their organizations and networks
- Less than 10 years of experience working in the black male achievement field (no age restrictions)
- In some cases, the emerging leader will be someone who is advancing black male achievement work within the broader landscape of their organizations or network
- Additionally, the emerging leader can be a millennial leader who has taken on the mantle of building out a black male achievement framework within their organization or network
If I work outside of the Avoyelles Parish area, can I still apply for the My Brother’s Keeper Leadership Academy? Unfortunately, only emerging leaders in the black male achievement field in the Avoyelles Parish area are eligible to apply for the My Brother’s Keeper Leadership Academy.
What are some of the benefits of the My Brother’s Keeper Leadership Academy?
- Join a fellowship cohort that will participate in a six-month learning community
- 1-on-1 coaching sessions
- Participation in Truly Thrive-organized events (Back to School Festival, Thought Leader Convening, etc.)
- An opportunity to apply for mini-grants
If you have any questions regarding the My Brother’s Keeper Leadership Academy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.